Be it Cleopatra or Nefertiti, we’ve all secretly wished to be one of the elite Ancient Egyptians, if even for a day. With this recipe you can…kind of. Cleopatra was famous for bathing in milk with drops of honey and lavender added, and no promises, but we’re sure her skin would glow afterwards.
Milk (or buttermilk) is full of lactic acid, an ingredient that can be found in a lot of skincare products. It’s great for exfoliating and brightening the skin, solving issues such as discoloration or spots, and making the skin feel a lot softer. What’s best is that even if you’re lactose intolerant you can still bathe in milk, as you won’t be ingesting it…and you only need three ingredients!
- Powdered Milk (2-3 cups)
- Your favourite essential oil
- Our secret ingredient (see below)
- Fill your bath with warm water as you would normally.
- Pour 2-3 cups of powdered milk into the water and let dissolve. Add a bit more if you’d like a more concentrated bath.
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to help give off a great fragrance.
- Add a small scoop of our secret ingredient – Herbivore Botanical’s Coconut Milk Bath Soak – to help exfoliate the skin even more.
- Enter the bath, sit back, relax, and enjoy.